Thursday, August 5, 2010

Things We've Learned This Week

Settling back in at home since our trip has been interesting. Brian's language has really exploded and some days I think I should keep a running list of all the things he says so Shawn can read it when it gets home. He's been quite the little monster this week as well.

One day this week, I heard him cackling from the bathroom. When I asked him what he had done, he said, "Mama, choo-choo in the water." That would be toilet water to be exact. Yup. He flushed a toy train. Just in case you were wondering you can stick your arm into a toilet really far. Luckily it was me and not a professional plumber who retrieved Molly the train.

Lesson 1: NO CHOO CHOOS IN THE WATER!

Brian has turned into a coloring machine lately. He LOVES to color. In fact, on the same day as the train in the toilet incident, I found Brian coloring on the kitchen wall. And later he colored (with a pencil) on the laundry room floor. And don't even get me started on the "ishies" he drew all over the sheet at the Holiday Inn (in pen) on our trip back through Asheville. (I was in the shower and poor Shawn dosed off.)

Lesson 2: WE COLOR ON PAPER!

Tomorrow is only Friday. I wonder what we'll learn...

No comments: