Friday, September 3, 2010

Bugles, Coke and 3 Musketeers

I was thinking about our pending trip to St. Louis when I was at the store with Brian last week. I slipped a bag of powdered sugar donuts onto the bottom of the cart while he was distracted. Why? Because on each and every trip we've taken so far, we've had powdered sugar donuts. So I figured this one shouldn't be any different.

Mom always gets Brian animal crackers for trips too. The kind in the circus box. He loves them! He can eat a whole box in one sitting.

Anyway, while we were making our way through Kroger, I got to thinking about how when Brian thinks of family trips, he'll always think of powdered sugar donuts and animal crackers. How do I know this? That's easy. It's because when I think of family trips, I immediately think of Bugles. And a coke with a 3 Musketeer bar.

My grandma always gave me Bugles when we were traveling. Sometimes we would get our own bag, but usually, it was a paper or plastic bag full from her big bag that she had at home. One for me and on for Jon. Always.

And I always got a coke and 3 Musketeer bar while on the road with my parents. I loved how they tasted together! Now I wouldn't even eat that combination on a bet. But for some reason, it was my go to travel treat.

It's funny how certain traditions carry on.

No comments: