Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas 2011

Below you will find a photo dump from Christmas and the days leading up to it. Enjoy!

Making cookies a few days before Christmas. Mama apparently lost her mind and decided this would be a good idea with a 3.5 year old and a 5 month old. Brian had fun. Me, not so much. Okay, actually it wasn't terrible if you don't count the fact that Brian fell off a chair and got a huge knot on his head. And the huge mess. And the fact that we forgot the vanilla!

Oh and we also painted that day. What was I thinking??!


Lilah is in that "I see a camera, so I must flash my best smile" mode. I love it! This is what she did every time I pointed the camera at her while we were baking.

On the 23rd we made a run to Georgetown to meet up with Kristal and family. Lilah had slept really well the night before, so we were anticipated major screaming on the way there (we had planned the timing around a possible nap). However, the sleep apparently did her good and she played happily the whole way there. She slept on the way back and didn't start crying until about 20 minutes out, so we felt like it was a pretty good trip!


Ah, the highlight of my Christmas and the 'reason for the season.' The St. Patrick Christmas skit. Lilah played the baby Jesus! She got a collections, "Awwww," from the those in attendance.
Brian was supposed to play a mouse, but got scared when he saw the crowded church. He did model his ears for me on Christmas morning though...
Christmas Eve dinner with the kids dressed up in their Christmas outfits!
Christmas morning. I love Christmas jammies!
Checking out Santa's half eaten cookies and the note that he left for the kids.
My little thumb sucker.
Unwrapping gifts!
The big gift! An indoor jungle gym and rings!
The unexpected hit. Elefun! And I promise Lilah does not have that net over her face. She is just peering through it.
Some Christmas lovin' between cousins! Lilah and cousin Gavin.
Eating baby food for the first time. At first we weren't so sure about squash...

But it grew on her...
Hope everyone had a very, Merry Christmas. I have a bunch more pictures to download off my camera, so more posts to come!

No comments: