Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Preschool Happenings

Brian has been learning so much at school this year.  His "report card" came home last week and it's so impressive! I pulled out the one from last year to compare.  The improvement is just amazing! 

His speech is improving rapidly as well.  His private speech teacher is working on helping him to unjumble his sentences.  He has some trouble with subject verb agreement and this gives him troubles when he's trying to tell us what he has done all day!  I can pretty much understand everything, but others might not be able to.  However, the idea that they are working on subject verb agreement, when last year at this time we were just trying to get him to put sentences together, is exciting! 

He's also working on specific sounds with the school therapist.  The "f" sound has always been a struggle for him.  He's finally getting it!  The other day, Lilah was saying "pish, pish," when pointing at a fish.  Brian said, "Lilah, put your teeth over your lip and say Fish."  It was awesome!  She did say it correctly by the way.

Brian comes home everyday excited to tell us what he has done in school. Usually it centers around the letter they are learning.  Although, that will end soon as they will complete the alphabet next week.  He has really taken to learning to write all of the letters and say their phonetic sounds.  It's neat to see him on the verge of learning to read! 

A few weeks ago, Brian's class was learning about the Chinese New Year.  He was really excited about the dragon!  When I taught at Villa we wrote a unit about the Chinese New Year and the art teacher even created a dragon with my students.  They have a parade each year and they still use the dragon that was created while I was there.  I emailed the art teacher to see if we could stop by and see the dragon and she said yes!




This week Brian's school is doing a little reading program where the kids have to read for 15 minutes a day and if they do, they will receive a prize next week.  On Monday, I was busy so I asked Brian to head downstairs to read for a few minutes on his own.  I had to stop what I was doing when I heard this happening...

 Love my kids!


No comments: