Friday, July 12, 2013

Lilah is TWO

My sweet girl,

Happy 2nd birthday!  You were so excited for this day to come that you had a hard time settling down to sleep last night.  You were greeted with the same treatment as your brother-steamers and balloons.  Pink and purple, of course.  You kicked the balloons around for a time this morning and said, "it's my birthday!"  You made me sing "Happy Birthday" to you multiple times today.

We had a morning of errand running and then spent our after-nap time at the pool.  You had a crowd for your birthday dinner at Buca and ate it up...the food and the attention!  We may have had to light your candles a second time so that once again you could hear the happy birthday song :)

When I think about you turning two, I'm sad, of course because I'm quite certain that you are my last baby.  However, it's really hard to picture what life was like before you, so in some ways it's hard to believe that it's only been two years since you entered our lives.

You are such a joy to us.  You are quite simply the most hysterically funny, impish and devilish, beautiful and unique baby girl that there ever was.  Sometimes I look at how gorgeous you are and marvel at the fact that you are mine.  And sometimes you say things like, "MOM LOOK MY NIPPLES," and I wonder how in the HELL you are mine!!

Your little attitude has always been a force to be reckoned with and most of the time this is quite entertaining.  Your strut can have me in tears from laughter.  And your tantrums send your Dad and I both into a fit of giggles.  (Of course we turn away...) The way you kick your little leg and swing your arms when you are mad is just about the funniest thing I have ever witnessed.  Sorry, but it is!

You are strong-willed just like your brother and you are a tough little cookie.  You have to be HURT to cry for long.  You always make a big deal out of an injury...making sure I kiss the exact body part ("No, my ELBOW!") and making me put band aids in the weirdest place (today it was your cheek), but you rarely cry over getting hurt.

You can be super sweet when you want to be and super sassy pretty much the rest of the time.  You still love to cuddle-especially when you are sleepy or just waking up.  I treasure the cuddle time.  You care a lot about the feelings of others and show a ton of concern when someone is upset or hurt.  You made friends super easily.  You really have a way of drawing people in and keeping their attention!

Your brother is your best friend in the world.  You love him unconditionally which is exactly what I hoped for for the two of you.  You certainly bicker and "troll" him as Daddy says, but mostly you play well together and I love it.

You are very, very verbal.  In fact, Nana recently said you may be more verbal than I was at your age, which according to legend is a pretty big deal!  Your receptive language is quite impressive.  You follow directions impressively well and get so much of what is said to you and in your presence.  Things come easily to you, but even so you work hard to keep pushing to achieve more.  I hope you will always be this way.

Lilah Vivian...or Lilah THOMAS depending on who you are talking to, we love you so, so much.  You will always be our baby, our sweet girl who completed our little family.  I am so excited to continue to watch you grow and change into a little girl.  Watch out world, this little girl is destined for greatness!

Happy Birthday, Miss Lilah.

Love,
Mama


No comments: