Sunday, October 12, 2014

Tough Month

I have been debating whether or not to write this post because, frankly, I don't want to bring anyone down by complaining.  BUT I just noticed that I have not written a post in OVER a month and I feel like I have a block and I can't get past it without complaining, at least a little. 

This past month has been tough.  Nothing catastrophic happened so I feel bad for letting it brign me down, but it has. 

I HATE all day school.  There I said it.  I knew I would hate it, I just didn't know how much.  I miss my son.  Lilah misses her Brian-boy.  It just doesn't seem right to only get to see him from 4-8 each day.  Throw in homework (oh, the homework!) and dinner and that boils down to about two quality hours on a good day. 

Maybe it would be easier if school had gone easier this past month, but it really hasn't.  First there was the switching of the teachers.  Then there was the switching of the special education teacher (without my prior knowledge I might add).  We had a honeymoon period which ended approximately three weeks ago.  Then the behavior issues popped up.  Or sensory issues, depending on how you look at it.  After two very exhausting weeks of poor communication between school and home I was in tears and ready to throw in the towel. 

Things have improved since then.  We had several good days before fall break began.  We had a productive IEP meeting.  I am trying to breathe over fall break, enjoy my sweet boy and pray with every fiber of my being that when school resumes on Tuesday, the good days will continue.  I really am not sure I can take it if they don't.  And I am pretty sure Brian can't. 

So pray with me, please.  Pray that the rest of this year goes smoothly for Mr. Brian.  Pray that his level of comfort increases and that his teacher's awareness that she has to be the boss with him continues.  Pray that he has a good year. 

Tomorrow will be spent enjoying my kiddos and hoping that (and a good upcoming month of school) will sustain me until Thanksgiving break. 

No comments: