Sunday, January 3, 2016

Cape Trip

We made a quick trip to Cape to visit family at the beginning of Christmas break.  It's always a tiring adventure, but we had a good time.  The kids ROCKED the car rides which was a huge blessing!  Archie had fallen a couple of month ago and ended up with a broken hip so she's in a rehab center.  My aunt Beth is staying with her there and they've hired some nurses to sub in especially at night.  With her inability to remember that her hip is broken, she pretty much needs someone right there with her at all times. 

I was worried about how this trip would go sans Dad for the first time.  I'm not going to lie, it was super emotional for me, but I'm glad to have another first over with.  The kids always have fun playing with cousins they rarely see.  I don't blame them!  I love seeing my cousins that I never get to see too! 

Mom summoned a bunch of old friends to Shemwell's which is the barbecue place in Cairo where my parents grew up and it was fun to see everyone.  My favorite friend, of course, was John the Greek.  He was my grandfather's best friend and I used to go out to meet him for "coffee with the boys" with my grandad.  This meant I drank a cup of "coffee" that consisted of 1/20th coffee and 19/20th milk LOL!  I love John and the memories we share. 



Brian is always a little shy around older people....Nanny...Archie, but he did his best to be friendly with Archie.  I was really proud of him.  Lilah charmed her, as she does most people. 





Here are some more pics with the family...

Snuggling with Andrew.


Fun with the Moreland twins!



Making a gingerbread house with Taylor.

Harassing Matt...

Visiting with Chloe and Aunt Beth.




Snuggling with Sarah.

A bedtime story with Mike.
Also of note, we ate at Lambert's in Sikeston where they throw rolls at/to you.  It was so fun!  We will definitely be returning!!

No comments: