Thursday, October 7, 2010

Appointments

Monday we visited the allergist. Brian had an allergy skin test. He has no allergies. None. This is crazy to me given Shawn's terrible allergies. I have allergies too. But apparently Brian does not.

The allergist ran blood work to see if maybe his immune system is out of whack. A constant runny nose is not normal. The blood work came back fine. So now the allergist is going to write a letter to the ENT to check his adenoids. He thinks that may be the cause of the constant faucet.

At any rate, I'm glad he doesn't have allergies. And I'm really glad his immune system is okay.

We also made contact with First Steps this week to have his speech re-evaluated. Some days I think he's making great strides and other days I worry a little. (A little as a mom can worry, which is pretty much a lot.) First Steps is our state program that provides therapy in home for kids who qualify. Brian was evaluated before he turned 1 and he did not qualify. Even with his hearing loss. So the hope is that he will not qualify again, which will mean I can stop worrying. (Or worry less maybe.)

Anyway, they are sending forms for me to fill out while observing him. Then I have to call the evaluator, go over the survey on the phone, and she will decide if he needs to be evaluated by her or not.

I made that phone call yesterday. This morning, Brian woke up, walked into the kitchen, looked at the dog and said (very clearly), "Ru Ru, I kick your butt."

I told Shawn he needs to stop threatening the dog. It's clearly wearing off on our son.

No comments: