Monday, September 10, 2012

A Random Post with Pictures

Last week we had our monthly dinner night and baby Ava, the newest addition to our group of friends, made her dinner night debut!  We snapped pictures of course.  Brian and Addison had to make sure to get me to take plenty of pictures of them too!


With the beautiful weather this weekend, we spent a lot of time outside.  We went to a "Hopebox Derby" on Saturday.  The cars were neat, but the bounce houses had Brian's attention.  We didn't stay very long because it was really, really muddy! 

Saturday morning at Lilah's swim lesson, the teacher decided to move her up from "Water Babies" to "Toddle One."  She really loves the water and has picked up on all the skills easily.  I was glad to make the move because I think she's ready and it's a half hour later...more sleep!!

Sunday we went to an airplane exhibit.  Brian liked getting in the planes and emergency vehicles.  Lilah liked  being outside! 



Last night we cooked dinner for the family.  Brian decided Lilah was bored in her booster seat, so he ran and got paper and crayons for them to color with.  He's a good big brother.

Before dinner they were snacking on goldfish and hamming it up on the stairs for me.


And speaking of a ham.  This child is definitely our ham...



School seems to be going well for Brian.  He did have a relatively large fit on Thursday when it was time to get on the bus, but that had more to due with the fact that I took his I Pad away.  Mean Mommy.  Won't let him take his I Pad to school!  The driver said he stopped crying as soon as they pulled out of my work parking lot.  Of course I felt like the worst mom ever for the next several hours.  It's so funny.  I RUN a preschool.  I have seen kids act that way numerous times, but I can't handle it when it's my own kid. 

He comes home daily with a report on what he made and what he ate.  It's way more information than I got out of him last year, and I am very grateful for that.  We are starting our normal routine this week, so we don't have to be at my work until about 10:30.  Miss Lilah gets to sleep in and we all get some time at home before we start the day! 

It's a big week.  Shawn's birthday is Wednesday and Dad's retirement party is tomorrow night!




No comments: