Thursday, August 30, 2012

Back in the Swing

We are slowly getting back in the swing of things.  I am a person who really loves routine, so this should be easy for me.  But this year?  I really wasn't ready for summer to end.  We have had so much fun just being with each other and I will really miss it.

Brian is riding the school bus to school this year.  He is SO excited!  I wasn't sure if they were going to work it out, but they did.  Then I found out that he would be on the bus for AN HOUR on some pretty windy, country roads and I wasn't quite sure my mommy heart could take it.  BUT I was a big girl and let him get on the bus yesterday.  And he loved it, as I expected.

Here are some first day shots on the porch before we left the house.  Brian of course had to have his camera too...



I got two of the first bus ride.  He looks mad in the second.  I think he was completely annoyed with my picture taking by this point.  Get used to it bud!

And I can't forget to thank Shari and Robin for being there with me while he boarded the bus the first day!  You rock!!

This is the totally awesome supply cake Aunt Teri made for Brian to take to his teacher...






Thank you Aunt Teri!!!

Overall he had a good first day.  He did have a potty accident, but I pretty much expected that as he does that when he gets nervous.  He told me all about The Kissing Hand and proudly presented me with his first day hand print and picture.  He also ate his turkey "all gone" at lunch.  We had discussed this before he left for school.  I am worried he'll blow off lunch and be starving by 3:30, so I guess I was pretty clear! 

Today was Day 2.  No potty accidents.  He dug around in his back pack to show me what he made today...a "red" picture.  It has red helicopter stamps on it and some red coloring.  I asked him what he did today and he said, "we learned."  I'll take that for sure!  Putting him on the bus was a bit easier today.  It will only get easier I suppose.

Another added benefit to afternoon preschool is that Lilah gets to sleep in.  A happy baby can make a world of difference!


And we had time for another baby dinosaur to be discovered before we left this morning.  Oh the joy of imagination!!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maria, Love your blog and photos too - you have two new loyal fans, love, Shari