Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Keeping it Simple

I keep getting overwhelmed by how much I want to blog about, that I just avoid it all together.  So I am going to keep this simple and do what I can!

Currently stealing internet from McDonald's while Miss Lilah naps and Brian is in school.  We do what we have to, right?!

I definitely want to make sure to document a conversation I had with Brian's teacher last week.  We went to this event at the County Extension Office for his school.  She came over to me laughing and said that she was cracking up because I kept getting onto Brian for the way he was playing with the other kids.  She said it was funny to see him "get in trouble" for interacting with other kiddos because all she wanted for him to do last year was interact with the other kids.  Progress!  She also said that she can't wait for us to see the data she has been taking on him.  In his IEP most of his classroom goals have to do with his ability to attend to the teacher during small and large group time without being corrected.  She said he has been doing amazingly well!  He is due to start with an FM system soon, and she said that she doesn't see it making a difference because he's already acting exactly as he should during those times.  Can I get an AMEN!?  Soooo happy to hear this!!

The kids had fun that day too.  The teachers took the kids while the parents took a short class and the kids had a ball making drums!  Then we all headed out to the garden to pick flowers, veggies and berries.  So fun!

A big part of the last week or so has been Pappy's retirement.  The kids have really enjoyed having him around more!  Me too!  It seems so funny to get lonely when I have my babies with me 24/7, but sometimes I really do.  It helps to have someone else that I am close to who is home all the time.  Grandad always filled that void for me when he was still alive, so in away it's like having a new Grandad...20 years younger!

The kids really enjoyed Dad's party over the weekend.  Brian golfed of course and Lilah impressed with her outfit and smiles.  Miss Personality!






The Reds have dominated a lot of our time lately too.  They seem like they may be well on their way to the World Series!  Mom is thrilled, of course.  We were all at the game where they clinched and then Mom and I took the kids for the last home game of the season.  They won in the 9th.  Lilah slept through a homerun and the end of the game fireworks.  Brian, however, was pretty darn excited at the end of the game!  Normally he is so overwhelmed by the noise that he doesn't show a lot of excitement, so this was pretty cool to see.



We also went on a boat a couple of weeks ago for Nana's birthday.  It was fun!  We also went to a wedding with a great bunch of our besties.  Brian had a ball with Miss Addison.  I'm waiting on her Daddy to get me pics of them dancing.  TOO CUTE!




 And, Lilah and I have been trying to take advantage of what's left of the nice weather.  We hit the park last week and are hoping to hit the Zoo this week.  Poor baby girl was really sick about a week ago.  And she just can't catch a break...now she has her first two molars coming in.  Ouch!  And yes, I just said my BABY has molars coming.  Double ouch!


I guess that's about it for now.  We are very much looking forward to a visit with WHITNEY later this week.  As in I can barely keep my mind off of it!!  We really thought we were going to have to wait for Christmas, so this is an extra special treat!

No comments: