Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Moments

I am hoping that soon I will have time to sit down and edit the bazillion pictures from our trip to Disney World and get a proper post (or five) written about our adventures.  But for now, I want to record some moments that have happened lately so I never forget.

First of all, I LOVE the ages my kids are right now.  My neighbor said that all summer last summer about her kiddos and she always said she wished she could freeze them at that age forever.  I wasn't there yet!  Lilah wasn't potty trained, we were still fighting the nap fight, and Brian was still working through a lot of sensory stuff.  Well I'm there now!  I just love their ages!

So here are some moments I want to keep for always...

Yesterday I got an email from Brian's teacher that when she was testing him on counting, he counted to 29 and told her "my belly is full of counting."  HA!

Today he went in and counted to 100!  So he's now in the 100 Club!  It wasn't a matter of could or couldn't it was a matter of didn't feel like it.  And today's success may have had to do with a little Lego related bribe...

Lilah is totally into the naked thing right now.  She comes home each day and after lunch, she strips.  She stays that way for a few hours usually.  She would probably never get dressed if we didn't have to go anywhere.  What's the point of fighting?  When she does get dressed she usually adds some very Lilah style.  Pants with shorts over them, skirts under skirted shirts (kind of like a petticoat), or most commonly-her leotard.

Speaking of gymnastics, Lilah has been promoted to the big girl class!  No more mommy and me. 


And speaking of accomplishments, we celebrated Brian's student of the month award at an awards ceremony earlier this month.  He was SO proud of himself!  Lilah was proud of him too.  He is such a good brother.  He took her by the hand and led her down to the line of students so she could say the pledge with them.  Too bad neither of them got the memo that they were supposed to turn around and face the flag!





They really are great together lately.  In fact as I have been typing this, they have been happily playing "pirates" downstairs using their play set and a laundry basket.  Pretend play comes so naturally to them now and it's so fun to listen to them.  They play kitchen, "cafe" (according to Lilah), babies, space rangers, carnival and on and on and on.  I like it best when they start assigning roles.  Lilah is usually the mom and and Brian is the dad, which makes me the grandma (according to Lilah).  Brian always doles out the babies-the ones that are Lilah's "come out of her belly" (according to Brian) and the ones that are his "come from the baby store."  They kill me.  The other day the were riding around on the "monorail" (according to Brian) and they were on their way to see Archie.  Lilah asked, "what does Archie look like?"  Brian said,"you know, our Archie.  The one that Pappy goes to see."


No comments: