Tuesday, June 24, 2014

My SIX Year Old

Dear Brian,

You are SIX!  What an exciting age!  You are READING and loosing teeth!  You are sooooo into Legos and art and it's so much fun to see what you create.  You talk...a lot.  We have worked hard on that, so I try to be thankful.  You ask a million questions all day long.  You want to learn EVERYTHING there is to learn.

This year you have chosen to have a Toy Story birthday party and you are so excited!  You made sure Lauren knew that your cake should NOT touch your sister's cake like in past years.  You had a great time picking out party supplies the other day!  Daddy tells you all the time that you are management material :)

This morning when you found your birthday decorations, you were so excited!  You haven't stopped checking your new Lego watch all day...trying to figure it out.  I love it!

You have had a big year.  You finished Kindergarten (and did a wonderful job by the way)!  Next year you'll be back at Ryland with your preschool teacher in 1st grade!  Time flies at lightning speed that's for sure.

You have been released by the developmental pediatrician!  She just shook her said and grinned when she saw you and heard about all of your progress.  YOU are already a success story at the age of SIX.  That's something to be super proud of!

This next year I wish many things for you.  I hope that you continue to make new friends and develop the great relationships you already have with your buddies.  I hope that you will continue to improve in speech.  You work so hard and have made great progress!  I hope you will continue to love school and learning and reading.  It's awesome how much pride you take in this area!  I hope you will continue to be proud of who you are because you are just amazing!  Finally, I hope you will continue to be THE BEST big brother there could ever be.  Your sister can be such a little snot sometimes and you just love, love, love her.   

When you were a baby and were first diagnosed with hearing loss, I always said I wished I had a crystal ball that would show me the future and would show me you'd be okay.  I still wish that I had, but I'm not sure that a crystal ball would have even done you justice.  You have exceeded expectations, broken through barriers and overcome.  We are so, so proud of you and we love you so, so much!

Happy 6th Birthday, Brian!
Love, Mommy
Photo courtesy of Cynthia Shoettker Photography :)




No comments: