Thursday, July 10, 2014

Tiny Dancer

Okay, I'm not gonna lie.  I have been looking forward to this since the day I found out Lilah was a girl.  I always said I wouldn't push her to be girly if she wasn't BUT boy did I get more girly than I ever could have bargained for.  She's 100% girly girl.   I mean, she isn't afraid of bugs, or dirt...she likes both, but she also loves pink and purple, dresses, "lipstick" (lip gloss), babies, etc. etc. 

And?! 

She begged to take dance classes!  Which as I might have mentioned I have dreamed about since she was 20 weeks in utero!  She is still really, really young, but she's also pretty mature for her age, so I contacted my old dance studio (still the same owner!) and found out that they offer a month long summer class so you can try it out.  Last week was the first class! 

Lilah LOVED it!  First of all, we had to go buy dance shoes the week before class started.  She confidently walked into the store and announced, "I need dancing shoes!"  The excited saleswoman doted over her as we tried them on.  The day of her first class she was completely excited!  We got her dance bag ready, put on her leotard and headed to the studio.  Again, she's really, really young-the youngest in the class, and she's with a group of kiddos where all but one have taken year round dance before, but she really enjoyed herself!  I'm still not convinced we're ready for year round.  We will have to see how the next three weeks go, and then find out what the pace of  year round looks like.  I am hoping it's a bit slower!  But she did love it and she asks everyday if she can go back. 







No comments: