Friday, July 18, 2014

Caterpillar Days

I've spent a lot of timely lately thinking about how much I dread the fall and the start of first grade.  Probably too much time!  And as a teacher, I shouldn't feel this way, but I HATE the idea that Brian will spend more time at school than with me. 

I have decided that these days...the last few days of summer, are our caterpillar days.  The lazy days of doing whatever we want...or nothing at all, before he becomes a little butterfly and he must spread his wings and fly.  Without me.

I know he NEEDS to do this.  I know I need to let him.  But it's so, so sad.  And I will miss him so much.  So will Lilah.

Sometimes I just want to fold him into my mama bear cocoon and keep him safe and protected and with me.

He learned to pump on his own the other day.  See?  Flying away...


 

No comments: