Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another Couple of Weeks

We rescheduled the hearing test again. Brian Thomas is still not quite himself. His fever was higher than it has been throughout his mono this past week. It hit 101.8 at one point. I'm happy to report that today it's been normal or almost normal (98.7) all day so far. However, I don't feel like he's going to be 100% on Tuesday. He's still somewhat congested and sleepy. So, we put the hearing test off until June 4th.

He is still going to see the ENT this coming Friday (22nd). I want to hear his spin on the most recent hearing test (where he tested in the moderate loss range), the aural rehab evaluation, and the mono. I am also hoping he can look and see if Brian's adenoids and glands are swollen.

I hate to keep putting this off, but we need to know with absolute certainty that this next test is accurate. Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers thus far. Keep it up!

2 comments:

Kristen@nosmallthing said...

I think you're right to put it off until the results can't be compounded by something. Otherwise you'd just wonder, and then have to go through testing again. Doesn't make sense to do that!

Whit Scheff said...

I just read all your recent blog posts. I'm so happy to hear about the job! YAY! I can't wait to see you guys, it's been too long. I hope Brian gets better, I hate hearing about baby sicknesses. We should vid chat soon, I haven't seen you guys in awhile. I miss it. Love you and I'll always be thinking about you.