Thursday, June 4, 2009

Appointments

Today we went to Children's for Brian's hearing test. This was supposed to be the re-test of the test from April. The one that we kept having to put off because of the mono. Brian had other ideas. He was completely uncooperative. Molly, the audiologist got very little information from the tests that she did. Brian was a wiggling, yelling, chattering machine. We did learn that he knows the word "fish" today. One of the toys they were trying to keep his attention with was a set of fish cards and he made sure everyone knew they were FISH. So, we have no new information re:Brian's hearing. We will retest in July. I'm not sure how that will be much better as he will likely be walking by then, but we'll see!

We also went to Dr. Robinison's office today to have Brian's stitches removed. He did really well with it. He cried, but calmed down pretty quickly. Dr. Robinson still says that Brian will probably not have any scars, or if he does they won't be very noticeable. His injuries are still pretty bright pink, but they don't seem to be bothering him, so we will just keep slathering on the Vitamin E creme and wait for them to heal :)

We put off his first haircut this week given the amount of trauma he had to endure already. Tomorrow, I will be rescheduled that. It's time for the baby mullet to go!

1 comment:

Whit Scheff said...

I'm sorry about the hearing test, but I'm glad he knows how to say fish! That is a milestone in my book seeing as marine biology is my life. Whale should follow that. Anyway, I can't wait to blog about my trip! It was absolutely incredible. I'm really glad all is well. He better not be walking before I get home (less than a month!) Can't wait to see you. I should be studying, got to go