Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sick of Yuck

As you know, we missed the hearing test on Monday because Brian had a fever. He was diagnosed with a virus. Yesterday, we thought he was on the upswing. We were wrong. Last night was BAD. He was a coughing, cruddy mess. He was restless and miserable.

We went BACK to the doctor today. This seems to be the trend. Brian has croup. Yuck. It's supposed to be bad for 3 nights. So we get two more nights like last night. Yuck.

Brian had to take an oral steroid as treatment. He shot it like a pro! He didn't even want the Sprite chaser they gave him after. Just some vanilla wafers.

He also has some fluid in his right ear, and I have a prescription for an antibiotic just in case it turns into a full blown ear infection. Yuck.

We have not been to school all week. Except for the 1/2 hour yesterday. I managed to be so busy last year when I was staying home. Now I am GOING NUTS missing work! I guess you just get used to whatever your routine is :)

Say some prayers that this YUCK leaves my baby and we can move on from the sickies. I'm SICK of YUCK.

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Hey Maria - Here's hoping that Brian feels better soon!

Just wanted to let you know that I nominated you guys for a Lemonade Award. Please visit my blog to read more about it: www.theskeesfamily.com.

Take care,
Taryn