Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Oh, What a Day!

Brian's surgery went off without a hitch. He was crabby this morning while we awaited the procedure, but who wouldn't be if they weren't allowed to eat or drink and they had the hiccups? The actual operation took about 7 minutes, which was good because I was not a happy camper having to hand off my baby to a bunch of people I don't know.

Our day should have been good, given the fact that our son had a successful surgery. However, it was not.

This morning when we arrived at the hospital, we realized that the bag Shawn had packed containing our distractions (my netbook, a Parent's Magazine, a library book and Shawn's DS) and Brian's bottle, had a little problem. Brian's bottle had exploded in it's soft cooler and leaked all over the other contents of the bag. The only things we saved were the netbook and the library book. Everything else went in the trash including the bottle and my netbook case. GRRR!

Then upon arriving home with my still somewhat sedated and cranky child, I attempted to use the restroom while holding the flailing 1 year old. After doing so I stood to attempt to pull up my pants and PLUNK into the toilet went my cell phone which had been resting in my pocket during our trip to Children's. GREAT. I quickly grabbed the phone out of my own PEE and rinsed it a bit (it was ALREADY wet and I really didn't want it to smell like pee if it still worked). As of right now it doesn't work. It's drying on in pieces on a towel on the kitchen table. Pray for me that the dumb thing works once dry. I really don't want to buy a new phone. Even if the old one does smell like pee.

ANYWAY, if you were expecting a call letting you know that Brian was okay, I'M SORRY! However, I know few phone numbers by heart and my phone is not giving them up at this point in time. Plus, I spent the several hours after the phone saga on the couch with my very tired baby sleeping on top of me.

Brian is now downstairs playing with his Daddy. He is back to his normal, climbing self. Thank you for all of the prayers and thoughts today! Please, please pray for my phone now :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh no! Not your phone :( At least it wasn't the laptop - phones are much cheaper! Soooo glad to hear Brian's surgery went well!!!

Taryn said...

I'm cracking up...not at your expense, but only because it sounds like a typical day in my life. :) Glad to hear Brian's surgery went well! Here's hoping the tubes help his little ears stay infection-free!

BTW - I'm dropping the tickets to Little Fire in the mail this week along with your receipt. Keep them in a safe place...you only have another 10 months to keep track of them ;)

Taryn