Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tubes

We went to the ENT yesterday and after listening to his take on tubes along with the opinions of our audiologist, our pediatrician and my Aunt Sarah, we have decided to go ahead and have the surgery to put tubes in Brian's ears.

Brian has a lot of fluid in his ears and with his hearing loss, he really doesn't need anything else impairing his hearing. The surgery is quite routine and only takes about 15 minutes. They will use gas to put him out, so no IV! After, he may be tired and cranky, but should not feel any pain.

The fluid could explain all of the low grade fevers and the tugging at his ears. I am hopeful that this is the case because we can fix it!

I am currently playing the waiting game trying to get this scheduled, but we are hoping to have it done while we are both off for two weeks in December. I will post the surgery date when I know it.

No comments: