Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Our Son

A couple of things happened today that proved with absolute certainty that Brian Thomas is our son.

This morning he took his dirty pajamas to the hamper like he does every morning (training him early!). He took a bit longer than usual, so Shawn and I peeked into our room (where the hamper is located) to see what was going on. Apparently Shawn had missed the hamper when depositing one of his socks. It had landed behind the hamper. Brian (child of Maria) had moved the hamper and was retrieving the offending sock. He placed the sock in the hamper and then moved the hamper back into it's proper place. MY CHILD.

Some of you may not know that Shawn has monkey toes. I will often find him sitting with his legs out stretched, toes crossed (much like one's fingers are crossed when praying). He picks things up with his toes for kicks. He grabs MY feet with his toes just to tick me off. It's weird, I'm not going to lie, but also really annoying because I do not have the toe skills he has! (And we all know how ridiculously competitive I am.)

Anyway, today in the car I handed Brian a water bottle while driving. I just could not take the screams for "WA-TER" any long. (I know, handing a bottle of water to a toddler is not safe driving.) As I handed him the water I heard it drop and thought to myself, "crap, now there will be water all over him." Not Shawn's monkey child though. We reached a stop light shortly after this mishap and I looked back to see him holding the bottle with his feet. He had caught the damn thing with his feet and was in the process of reaching forward to retrieve it so he could take a drink. SHAWN'S CHILD. (As if proof of this was needed...he could not look more like his Daddy!)

No comments: