Friday, January 28, 2011

Well, He Really IS Sick

Poor little guy. He's been SOOO cranky all week and has run a low grade fever a couple of nights. He has been tugging at his ears, but he had been doing that since November, so I didn't think anything of it. Three pediatricians have looked in his ears the past two months and they have all said his ears were clear. I feel like poo, so I figured we just had the same virus. Since he always has a virus when I do take him to the doctor. Well today we went to the ENT and B has his first ear infection. I am so sad. We started him on an antibiotic so I hope it works quickly. The ENT didn't say it was a "raging" ear infection, so I feel pretty certain that it's not been there long. But still. I feel like a bad Mommy.

We did not do the hearing test today because of how badly he was feeling. The ENT said that was the right decision. We are going back to the ENT at the end of February for a recheck. If there is anything in his ears, we are going put in more tubes. The ENT will also remove his adenoids if we do another tube surgery. His right tube (where the infection is) has been out for some time. His left tube is in, but just barely.

Is it bad that I am hoping he does have junk in his ear when we go back? I just really think he would do better with his adenoids out. His sleep pattern is so terrible, and he's always getting every virus that comes along, so I feel like if those were gone maybe some of these issues would be corrected.

On a non-medical note, when we came home he was trying desperately to convince me to let him watch "Frosty the Snowman." I didn't care if he watched it or not, but the case he was showing me did not have the movie in it. I kept trying to explain that, and he just kept saying, "No Mama, Frosty. Frosty the No-man." Then he would break into song, "Frosty, the No-man was a jolly, happy soul..." He's pretty persuasive. I eventually located it on my laptop and he watched it on there.

No comments: