Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Poop Jar

Well, after three successful days, I feel it is okay to go ahead and report that the poop jar seems to be doing the trick. We spent $24 at the Dollar Store over the weekend. Brian went on a shopping spree. He filled his basket with 24 little treasures. We brought them home and filled up the poop jar. Then it was time to wait.

Monday, opportunity presented itself. We were eating lunch and Brian got that glazed over look in his eyes. I said, "come on, you need to poop." I started up the stairs leading him by the hand. He stopped short and said, "NO. Downstairs." Okay, whatever...downstairs we went. He sat on the potty and pooped just like it's something he's been doing his whole life. Brat. So he got Mickey out of the poop jar.

Five minutes later he disappeared. I heard him enter the upstairs bathroom. I heard straining. Lots and lots of straining. I joined him in the bathroom and said, "Um, Brian what are you doing?" Through the groans and moans he managed to get out, "get sleeping Minnie." Um, we have a video titled "Sleeping Minnie." He really just wanted Minnie from the poop jar. I thought, oh great, the poop jar is going to give him hemorrhoids. Just what we need!

We had a little talk about how we can't make poop if there's no poop there. I found him in the bathroom two more times within the hour trying his darnedest to "get sleeping Minnie." No luck.

Just before we left the house, he decided to try again. He said, "Mommy help. Poop." Okay, I'll be a sideline coach, no problem, kiddo! Do you know that the little turd pushed out one little turd JUST ONE and said, "get sleeping Minnie!" Very triumphantly I might add. Brat.

So Tuesday was another great day. He got Donald and Goofy. Today = Same. He got a mini basketball and a mini baseball.

Yay for the poop jar! Yay for no more diapers! Yay for no more poopy underwear!

Next, the poop jar becomes the "tell me" jar. We're going to work on telling Mom and Dad when we have to potty. I see lots of Dollar Store prizes in Brian's future!

No comments: