Friday, May 4, 2012

My Kids Always Get the Weird Stuff

MRSA.  That's what my baby girl has on her rear end.  Went to the doctor on Monday and he lanced the sore to culture it.  It was finally confirmed as MRSA yesterday.  Awesome. 

She also has a sinus infection.  She is on an oral antibiotic, I have to put a topical antibiotic on her rear along with a water proof band aid, and she has to bathe in warm antibacterial soapy water-all 3 times daily for 7 days. 

She likes the baths!

We also all have to put that topical antibiotic up our noses twice a day for 5 days.

At least she's cute!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

so weird...Ace had a spot too. it was...huge/nasty/gross/awful so I feel your pain.
He had an eczema spot that got infected and it turned into a mess. we actually did bleach baths a few times the first few days. (minimal water, minimal bleach and distract them so they don't really bathe). I swear it worked in clearing. It was messy and I felt like I was being mean trying to clean it all out but whew--thank goodness it cleared up. Thinking about you all!