Monday, April 23, 2012

That Poop Story

Friday at speech Brian and Ms. Kathy were reading a story about a snake who caught some mice in a jar.  Brian kept referring to the jar as the "poop jar."  This made me realize that I still hadn't shared our most recent poop story with those who read my blog!

Probably over a month ago now, Brian was having a terrible potty day.  We had already cleaned up more than one pee accident.  Then he pooped his pants.  Right in front of us, standing in the living room.  I was just done.  I told Shawn he had to deal with it.

Brian stripped as he typically does when he's had an accident.  (That's usually how we know he's done it!)  Shawn picked up his clothing and led him upstairs to get cleaned up.  I was doing what I am doing right now...typing on my computer, and Lilah was playing on the floor.

I realized I was still smelling the poop, so I looked up from the screen to see if Lilah had dirtied her diaper.  No, nope, that wasn't it.  Not even close.  Lilah had FOUND SOME OF BRIAN'S POOP that Shawn missed.  She had it in her hands.  And on her forehead.  She was having a ball mashing it around.

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That's exactly what I screamed as I grabbed the child and took off running up the stairs.  Poor Shawn was standing at the top frozen with a look of complete horror on his face.  "Move.  Get out of the way,"  I shouted as Lilah wiped Brian's poop all over the back of my shirt.

I put her on the changing table and started trying to remove the poop with wipes.  No dice. It was even UNDER HER FINGERNAILS.  Oh my gross!  I realized she would have to be bathed.  I stripped her down to her diaper.  I headed for the tub.  I got the water going and pulled off her diaper.

Plop!  I put her in the tub only seconds before I realized SHE HAD ALSO POOPED.  So here was my 8 month old daughter, sitting in the tub in a clump of her own poop, covered in her brother's poop.

Mom of the Year.

I looked at Shawn and said, "Seriously, how did this become our life?  I have never seen so much SH*T in my life!"

It took two baths and lots of laundry, but the smell finally evacuated our home and my sweet little baby  Ah, memories!


No comments: