Wednesday, June 26, 2013

5 Year Stats and The Girl That May Be The Death of Me

Long title, I know.  And this really should be two separate posts, but let's face it, if we're going to make it to the pool later, I have to cram it all into one :)  (Note, I started this yesterday afternoon.  Lilah took a short nap and I had to finish it this morning.)

We went to the doctor for Brian's 5 year check up today.  He is 53 pounds and 3 feet 10 inches tall.  This puts him in the 97th percentile for both weight and height.  Shocking, I know.  I didn't have any concerns to discuss, so it was a fairly quick appointment.  He did have a largish wart on his wrist that had been removed last year only to return with the spring round of viruses.  It was icky and driving him nuts, so he let the doctor remove it again.  35 seconds of that freeze stuff is what he had to endure.  He is tough, I'm telling you!



Now moving onto Miss Lilah who will someday be the death of me.  I thought it would be Brian for sure, but this girl is wild!  To start, she is really smart and really verbal.  Last week on vacation she announced at dinner out of nowhere..."I have boobs!  Mommy has boobs too!"  And recently she has been insisting that she has a penis.  Um, no my dear, you do not...  Then there is the climbing.  She can't quite reach the monkey bars yet, but she can certainly climb the ladder that leads to them.  Yesterday she showed me that she can climb to the top and then hang off of the handle bars once she gets there like a chimpanzee.  OMG so scary!  She even dropped to the group on her own with few tears.  Mostly though she just likes to hang there and watch me come running to retrieve her while laughing hysterically.

Have I mentioned that she is nearly potty trained?  She decided she wanted to "pee in the potty" a little over a month ago.  I have been using pull ups because she gets a little too involved in things to remember to stop and go potty and because she can't quite pull her own pants up and down yet.  Before vacation she liked going on the big potty, but since we have been back she prefers to use her baby Elmo potty...you know the kind that has to be emptied?  Well she has decided she has to empty it herself.  Let's just say she misses.  Often. 

She's gonna kill me!


No comments: