Monday, June 24, 2013

fiVe

My sweet Brian boy,

Today you are FIVE!  You started your day with a question...pretty typical for you at this age.  "Hey, who put these on my door?!"  You were referring to the streamers I had hung.  Hehe!  Mama likes to surprise people, little man.  Get used to it.  You liked the many balloons that greeted you downstairs.  and you were excited to see your first present on the kitchen table too.  Nana got to make your morning with your Jake duplo toys!  We had a pretty mild day from there.  We played outside, we had lunch at home and went to the pool for awhile with Aunt Teri. You were so excited for dinner at Snappy's, your cookie cake and of course more presents!  I think this may be the first birthday for which you will have real memories.  I guess we will see!

It's impossible to believe that FIVE years have passed since you were born.  And that you will start KINDERGARTEN in (less than) two short months.  It's so fun to see you grow and learn.  I was amazed this year when you came home from school each week knowing a new letter of the alphabet...how to write it, it's sign (language) AND it's phonetic sound!  Your speech has come SOOOO far and even though you have more to overcome, it's amazing to be able to have full conversations with you all day long.  Sometimes when you are asking five-hundred-trillion questions, I have to remind myself how happy it makes me!

You are incredibly handsome.  I am absolutely overcome by how cute you are every single day.  I love taking your picture...you might have noticed.  You are so freaking photogenic, it's hard to stop!

You make friends much more easily that I would have expected with your speech issues.  You made some very strong friendships at school this year and even insisted on inviting a couple of them to your birthday party later this week!  Your teacher called you a LEADER many times this school year.  She's right, I noticed.  The kids definitely looked to you for direction.  However, you might be a tad bit bossy too.  I can't imagine where you got that.  We'll have to watch it!

You are quite sensitive and even though you don't always act like it, you totally GET IT when someone is sad or upset.  You are super sweet with Lilah when you want to be.  You really are a fantastic big brother and have already taught her so much-good and bad!  I love that you can take on the responsibility of "watching her" here and there...like when Mama needs to grab a quick shower!  You love to sit and "read" to her which is adorable!

Speaking of, you still love to read and be read to.  I absolutely CANNOT wait until you are truly able to read to yourself.  I know it's coming soon and I just know how excited you will be about it! You love to be outdoors and in the water...pool and ocean (and sprinkler, really)!  You love legos and any type of activity where you get to build things.  You love Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Octonauts, Team Umizoomi.  Many of your birthday gifts reflect this.  You also still love your cars.  Again, reflected in your gifts!  You are eating SO MUCH more than you used to.  You are working really hard at it and I am so pleased.  You are eating FRUIT LOOPS with MILK for breakfast now!  You eat pizza lunchables...even the peperoni.  You have no idea how excited mama is to be able to send you to school with a meal that doesn't consist of simply carbs!

We took you to see your first movie yesterday and you were so excited and so good!  Monsters University was definitely the perfect movie for you. You LOVED it!

Brian Thomas, your Daddy and I are so incredibly proud of you.  You are tough, resilient little man.  You are stubborn and sweet all at the same time.  You're smart and funny....soooooo funny!  We love you so much, so many people do.  You are very blessed to have so many people who love you so much.  And we are so very blessed to have you in our lives.

Happy 5th Birthday, Brian Thomas!
Love, Mama



No comments: