Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Quick Post for Chris

Shawn said I needed to post this little gem, so here goes.  A little back story first...

Years ago when Shawn and I were dating, we were visiting my Chicago family.  Chris was very young..I think Andrew was a newborn, or if not just a few months old.  Shawn had not really been around a lot of small children and was quite entertained by Chris at the age of 2.  At some point during our visit Chris was getting his diaper changed by my Uncle Bob and mid-change Chris said, "corn?"  "No Chris, no corn in there today," was Bob's reply.  To which Shawn responded with explosive fits of laughter.  To this day he still cracks up every time he tells the story.  Or I tell it.  Or anyone tells it.

Fast forward to the present day, Lilah age 2.  Today we were at Children's for one of Brian's OT appointments and Lilah announced to the entire waiting room that she had to POOP.  I might add that we ate corn on the cob for dinner last night, so you know where this one is going.  After making her deposit, Lilah looked in the toilet and said with a straight face.  "Mom there's corn in there.  Can I eat it?"

Yes, Chris.  That one is for you! 

No comments: