Sunday, September 22, 2013

Oh My They Are Growing Up!

This guy...

rode his bike all the way to the park the other day!  The park is only about four blocks away, but it means riding out on a (sidewalk) main road that is really busy.  It means really listening when Mom says, "stop at the red mailbox" and riding fast across the long crosswalk to beat the cars before they come.  He has been doing so well on his bike that when we decided to hit the park the other day and he asked to ride his bike, I said he could.  And he did so great!  I was so proud of him.  Pappy even saw him riding as he drove home!

A few days later he got in the car and announced, "Mommy!  Tomorrow is the LAST DAY OF THE SCHOOL YEAR!"  I was like, what?!  And then I remembered that the school newsletter said Friday would be the END OF SUMMER celebration.  Yeah, so I had to explain that to my five year old.  He was perplexed to say the least.  Why would ANYONE celebrate the END of SUMMER?  He got over it when I told him he was allowed to wear flip flops to school and dress like a pirate.  Doesn't he look cute?!


So, yeah, he's growing up :(

Then this weekend happened.  Miss Lilah constantly wants to check her outfits in the mirror and she started in on me yesterday about how she needs a mirror in her room.  (Yes, I know she's 2 going on 16!)  For some reason the other bedroom closets have mirror doors, but Lilah's room doesn't.  So I decided we would get her a door mirror and go ahead and convert her room into a big girl room.  It's not finished yet because we had a slight mattress issue, but it's coming.  For now, here is a picture of the last time one of my kids will have a crib in their room.  :(


No comments: