Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Funny Little Guy

Brian has been up to some funny stuff lately. Yesterday we were eating M & Ms. He loves M & Ms! Anyway, we finished the package and he took of with the empty wrapper. I chased him to see where in the world he was taking it, but by the time I got into the kitchen, I couldn't find it anywhere. Know where I finally found it? The trash can! He's a smart one, I'm telling you!

Then last night I heard some commotion coming from our bedroom. Brian had found our HUGE plastic bottle that we keep change in and was attempting to drag it out of our room. When he realized he couldn't move it, he moved on to this HUGE bag of quarters that sits next to it. (They are separated because last summer I was trying to find a bunch of Kentucky quarters to send to Australia with Whitney...in case you were wondering)

Anyway, he dragged the bag into the front room, took some quarters out of it, and ran into his room. We found him standing at his shelf pointing up to his bank. Yep, he's a smart one. And a little miser apparently. I had to call my Aunt Norma. Our family has always laughed at her middle son's appreciation of money. I had to tell her that I am apparently raising another Andrew.

Brian didn't stop with the quarters. After Shawn hid those, I had to get our teapot from the kitchen (also full of change) and let him empty it, and then put all of THAT change in his bank. I finally convinced him to take a bath or I am pretty sure we would have been into my purse next.


Then this morning while I was checking email I heard Brian chanting, "Ball, ball, ball." I didn't think much of it until I heard a little thud. I looked up to see him landing (on his feet thank goodness) BEHIND the couch. There were two balls hiding back there and he felt the need to retrieve them. Luckily he couldn't get out on his own, so I was able to snap a few pictures before getting him out!
Finally, at lunch Brian was thinking he was pretty funny throwing all of his food to the dog. So, I sent the dog to his bed and cleaned up all of the food. Just when I thought lunch was over, Brian pointed to the fruit bar that was sitting on the table. I was pretty annoyed that he hadn't eaten very much, so I grabbed it and offered him a bite. He took a bite and then promptly spit it out and onto the floor for the dog to eat. And lunch was over.

Thank the LORD for nap time!

No comments: