Monday, March 15, 2010

Thank goodness for good neighbors!

I actually wanted to title this post, "I hate you, Joe Biden," but I was afraid the government would start tracking me as a terrorist. I don't actually hate Mr. Biden, but I am incredibly frustrated with his presence in the Cincinnati Area today. Why? Because if he were not in town, the cops would not have been out in mass force blocked all expressway entrances as I drove back from Covington. And if I had been able to take my normal route home, Brian would have puked at home instead of in my car.

HOWEVER, since Joe IS in town, and the entrances to all major expressways ARE blocked, I just spent a significant amount of time attempting to clean the peach yogurt puke smell out of my car.

Instead, I titled this post, "Thank goodness for good neighbors." We are very blessed to have awesome, helpful neighbors (one of the many reasons I will miss this place if we do manage to sell the house). In fact, one of them came up the street and watched Brian for me so I could de-puke my car. And the car seat.

Of course first I stripped the boy. And put his vomit covered clothes straight into the washing machine. And then bathed the boy. Then I frantically called the neighbor who came right up.

Do you know how much puke can come out of a 20 month old? A lot. A really lot. And do you know how freaking impossible it is to take apart a car seat and de-puke it? It's hard. Very hard. I am not sure it will ever be the same. I'm serious. We may need to replace it. I still smell puke. In fact, I think I am going to have to change clothes because as I write this I am convinced that I smell like puke. Perhaps it's just stuck in my nose? Either way I am going to change clothes. And not go anywhere. Because I can't. The expressways are blocked and the car seat is soaked.

Ah the joy!

No comments: