Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Speech Therapy-Visit 1

Yesterday was Brian's first speech therapy appointment. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was excited to get started! Jessica, his therapist, mainly spent the time getting to know Brian-by observing and playing with him, and by asking me questions. I think the next few appointments will be this way and then hopefully we will get into some real work! She mentioned that there is an observation room with a window where Brian can get his therapy with me watching, but not being in the room. I think this is a really good plan and I hope we get to do it. I just think he would do better without me around.

She gave us a few things to work on. She wants us to incorporate some signing in hopes of fading out the repeating of language that he tends to do. One of the signs she asked us to work on was "open" and he had already said "open" spontaneously twice by the end of the day yesterday, so that has clicked. Or it may have been all of the Easter eggs he had to ask us to "open" over the weekend. Either way, it's progress and I'll take!

I'll get an Easter post up soon. I had to use Mom's camera for part of the day and I don't have those pictures uploaded yet.

Today I am waiting at the lab to get my glucose test. I chugged the orange drink in maybe 30 seconds and I have another 25 minutes or so to wait to get blood drawn. Then I will be heading upstairs to my OB appointment. I am 28 weeks, so I am thinking we are heading into the every two weeks zone!

No comments: