Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Sqeaky Wheel

On Friday we went to see Dr. Arjmand for Brian's ENT follow up from his surgery (tubes and adenoids) and what was supposed to be a follow up from his hearing test last week. The hearing test didn't go so well by the way. Brian put his arms wayyyy up over his head and locked his shoulders therefore blocking his ears. It's a little hard to put earphones in the ears of a two year old in this position. Thus, we will be retesting on our 9 year wedding anniversary in June. And as previously stated, his audiologist is moving away, so we will be switching to an audiologist, Tommy, on our side of the river, which will be much more convenient.

As for the ENT appointment, Brian's ears look good and so does his throat. I asked Dr. Arjmand's nurse about speech and whether or not she had a good way to get him in faster. She said, "the squeaky wheel, gets the grease." Enough said. I can be that wheel. No problem.

I also asked Dr. Arjmand and he said to tell them I can come any day, any time. So, as we were leaving, I called the scheduling center and guess what?! We start speech THIS Tuesday at 8a.m. I am so excited to get started!! We will be seeing a speech therapist named Jessica on this side of the river! 8a.m. is a little earlier than I would like...I am hoping Brian can get up and moving and be ready to work by then. But it does work out well because I can get to work by 9:15 or so. Wish us luck!

No comments: