Friday, May 27, 2011

My, My What a Week

This has been quite the week. Starting with the train ride fundraiser last Saturday, (which I realize is not a part of this week, technically) where we netted $850 for the preschool! What a great day! Aunt Teri watched Brian for most of the day and I missed him!

Sunday was my sweet "sprinkle" at Europa. I have many pictures of both of these to load, but they sit on my camera for now.

Tuesday was school conferences and the first of the three high school graduations I will attend this year. One of my "babies" graduated and I also have pictures of this sitting on the camera. She will attend the Art Institute of Cincinnati on scholarship. She also received a big award from the Art Association of Covington recently and there was a luncheon in her honor. I am so proud!

Wednesday was the our last day of school for the 4/5 year old class. This is my first class at the preschool that I have seen complete both years. It was bittersweet. We spent the day at the park and it was fun watching them have fun. Brian will miss these kids. He knows them all very well.

Yesterday we had an ultra sound and doctor's visit for Lilah in the morning. She is measuring just fine now, so no worries there. She weighs 4 lbs 13 oz currently which is about the 61st percentile. Fluid is good, my blood pressure was good, her heart rate is 141 (which is good) and FINALLY the nurse practitioner that I saw (no doctor this time) commented on my weight gain...only 20 lbs to this point! I was hoping someone would note that!! We didn't get any good "pictures" of Miss Lilah. We saw her spine, her heart and brain...all good things, but she is head down and facing my back, so no cute profile pictures. She's apparently thinking her exit will be vaginal. I have news for her!! Her c-section should be scheduled today! I could have taken the appointment they offered me yesterday...with the one doctor I do not like. I mean, it's not as if I haven't told them over and over and over again that I did not want that doctor. But whatever. I will wait until they call back with a better offer!

Last night was our preschool promotion ceremony. Also bittersweet. Finishing the year gets me a bit closer to the beach and to Lilah's birth, but it's sad to see these kiddos move on. And their parents, some of whom I have become very close to. There were lots of tears, but more smiles than tears. It was a good night.

Today is going to be a rough day. I have a rough task ahead of me at work in about an hour, and then I have to face the Villa graduation where most of my "babies" will be. Dread is the word to describe my next few hours.

Later today I get to attend the ultra sound of my step-godchild and new baby godson who is growing inside of her! I'm hoping all is well with the little man and we can have a happy note to end the day on!

Lots of pictures to post, and more to come today. Hopefully over the weekend I will get them uploaded, cropped and added to the blog!

No comments: