Thursday, August 4, 2011

Good, But Hard

Adjusting to life with two children has been interesting! I am still not feeling 100% and that doesn't help. I don't recall how long night sweats last, but I can tell you I am ready for these hormones to regulate so I can wake up dry. It sounds like I am potty training myself LOL! My milk supply also doesn't help in that department as I have wayyyy too much for Miss Lilah to handle. This morning at 6:30a.m. I informed Shawn I was going to die if didn't pump in the next 3 minutes. He hopped out of bed and took Lilah so I could do so. Good Shawn!

I did start driving again yesterday, so I feel like we have regained some independence. Unfortunately I have to use the stairs to get to and from the car, so trips will be limited. And I honestly don't where I would go alone with these two right now. Especially when I can't lift Brian or Lilah in her car seat for another 3 weeks.

Brian continues to love on and dote upon his baby sister.

But he is still feeling insecure at times and trying to find his place. This results in some major 'tude.


(My former students can tell you how well I deal with eye ball rolling. Not well!)

He has become much louder, which I could do without and he has had at least one melt down per day for the past several days. Not tantrums really. Meltdowns...in which he is reduced to a sobbing puddle on the floor and can't gain composure. It's pathetic and I feel really sorry for him. However, I am at a loss for what to do for him other than just continue loving him and giving him as much positive attention as possible.

Lilah is getting big! She eats a lot and has many, many fat rolls. She is in size 1 diapers already (not newborn) and 0-3 month clothing fits much better than the newborn clothing at this point. In fact I went ahead and packed the newborn things away. So sad.

She is more alert each day (and sometimes for hours at a time in the middle of the night)!

I know that she will figure out her own schedule soon and I think that will help me out immensely. She's also trying to find her place in our world.

We continue to have great help. I look forward to a time when I can handle it all myself, but right now I am very grateful for my family, friends, neighbors, co-workers and former students who have all pitched in.

School starts very soon, and I am nervous about how that will go. I will have to figure out a way to do my job with two kiddos in the office and Brian is going to start going to school-yet another adjustment for him. I know it will be good for him and he will enjoy it though. We continue to work through potty training issues in hopes that he will be fully trained by the time school starts. We went to the Open House last weekend and he was so excited to go and wear his backpack! He even peed on the potty right away when I told him he had to to be able to go to school. I really hope he cooperates at the preschool. He stands to gain so much from attending!

No comments: