Friday, July 29, 2011

Moving Right Along

Lilah is growing like crazy. She was over 9 lbs when mom and I weighed her on Tuesday (2 weeks old). Just like when Brian was a baby, you can literally see the weight being added to her little face, legs and arms. She is going to be a chunk just like he was. I love fat babies!!

She is so strong too. She continues to raise her head up during tummy time. She grabs for things..my hair, the shower curtain (when I lay her on the bathmat so I can go potty!), her brother's hand. She is also very alert and is becoming more aware of her surroundings. She loves the ceiling fans, her mobile, studying people's face, etc. It 's so much fun to watch her little mind develop.
Brian is making strides right along with her. Although he seems to have had an oral regression. This week alone I have caught him with money, paper clips, marbles and my hair bands in his mouth. Definitely something to watch.

On the positive side though, his speech and understanding of speech is improving by leaps and bounds. He is obsessed with the movie "Cinderella" and asks to watch it over and over. He calls it, "Rella." He's so cute when he watches it. He mimics the mice and even dances around when they are making her dress. He's dancing a lot now. And singing like crazy. He just seems to want to interact more in general and its' so exciting to see.

Yesterday we had visitors on the way, so I unlocked the doors before sitting down to nurse. When they knocked I sat on the couch calling, "Come in! Come in!" They never did, so I asked Brian to answer the door. He did! His doing things like this all the time now. He'll grab my phone for me and my water when asked. Child labor is a beautiful thing!! What was even cooler about the door incident was that later Mom was knocking on the door and Brian at on the couch calling, "Come in! Come in!" Hahahaha!!

I'm seeing him struggle a bit with having Lilah here, but overall he's doing remarkably well. He is still not happy that I'm not putting him to bed, and he seems to be a bit more emotional over things in general. Yesterday he stubbed his toe and had an absolute fit for waaayyy longer than he normally would have. He's also very tired though as he's not napping at all these days.

He also has a harder time with people leaving right now. Whitney leaving was a huge problem the other day. He was devastated! Maybe he sensed that she would be gone for a long while? It's amazing to me that he knows her even though she's only in town two or three times a year. They have a special bond that I LOVE!!



He's still doing so well with Lilah though, like I said. He asked to hold her several times a day, runs to check on her when she cries and still loves feeding her a bottle. He is very interested in nursing and often says, "Lilah eat Mama. Ha ha!" Too cute. And an easy explanation for the return of his oral fixation.

Another example of his acute and sudden awareness of the world around him is that yesterday when Tracy (Max's mom) visited, he asked her over and over, "Where is Max?" He was very insistent. Max is away at camp for 3 weeks and he was very upset to not have Max here when Tracy was. He also asked to go swimming, which is something he has done with Max and Tracy twice since Lilah has been here. His memory is definitely improving and he's able to vocalize it, which is awesome!

I'm trying really hard to give Brian as much Mommy time as possible. One of his favorite games is "tickle monster" and he asks to play quite a bit. It's kind of a strange request to someone on the outside since it's a game played in our bed. He'll come over and try to pull me off the couch and says, "Mama. Bed." Ha ha! He loves it though, so I try to play when I can!

No comments: