Monday, April 16, 2012

A Fun Day at Children's

These pics have been sitting on my desktop for a long time, but I am going to put them up because I have some time and I don't have my camera to pull off the new pics!

As I already posted, both of the kids' tube surgeries went fine. Lilah was smiling like normal by the time we got to recovery. Brian was ticked off, but he was just fine, really.

We were thrown for a bit of a loop by the audiologist who did his ABR. She was pretty adamant that we need to aid him. After talking to our audiologist and our ENT who actually know Brian, I don't think we are heading down that road just yet. It looks like we will try an FM system in the classroom next fall.

That's another story, as we have been struggling with where to place him in the fall. We considered the school in our neighborhood because they have a hearing unit, which may be beneficial to Brian and to us as we make decisions for him over the next couple of years. Then I visited the school. Wow. It's big! They have four preschool classes, and his current school has only 1. This isn't that big of a deal except at common times like lunch and recess. I feel like he would be really overwhelmed.

We are meeting with our audiologist in May and will make a final decision then, but we are heavily leaning toward keeping him where he is.

Anyway, here are my babies all dressed for their surgeries!

No comments: