Friday, June 29, 2012

Promotion

This is late, but totally worth posting.  Brian's Preschool Promotion Ceremony took place in late May.  I was nervous about how it would go because large crowds and Brian don't always work out.  I was even more nervous when he fell asleep on the way to school.  Waking up and Brian don't always work out.  As with most everything this past year, Brian far exceeded my expectations and made me prouder than I could have ever thought possible.  He is such a good, sweet boy.  I just love him to death.

He started off a little lukewarm.  We had to take Baby Kangaroo in just to get him in the door. 


He spent most of the first few songs just like this.  Arms crossed.  Slight smile.  Not gonna do it.



Then the fingers went in the mouth.


But you know what?  I didn't care.  He was standing.  In line.  Just like his peers.  He wasn't running around.  He wasn't crying.  He was doing what three year old boys do.  He was being shy.  I LOVED IT!

Then all of a sudden his foot started to tap.  I could see him fighting the urge to participate.


And then came the part when they had to take a partner and slow dance.  That smart teacher, Ms. Anita, God bless her, she put Brian with a pretty blonde.  He was sunk.  Participating was no longer an option.  He had a girl to impress.

So he jumped when he was supposed to jump.

And he counted when he was supposed to count...my smart boy, he knows to copy off the smart, older girl!!

And he itsy bitsy spidered.


And he went on a bear hunt.

Can't go around it...

That bear had BIG GREEN EYES!!! 

And he listened to the presentation and watched the slide show.

He clapped for his friends.


And yelled out when he saw them on the big screen.  "That's Brad!"  Haha!!

He marched to the stage to receive his diploma.

He happily looked through the adorable book the teachers created about their year.

And finally it was time to say goodbye to all his friends.

And pose for some pictures for mom.

And get a gift from Nana.

I couldn't be prouder.  Can you tell?


No comments: