Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Garden Themed Birthday Party

I have to tell you, I was more than a little bit excited to finally get to plan a girly birthday party.  I have loved planning Brian's parties-monkeys, Thomas, golf, Cars-but it's a little harder to get into a theme that you yourself are not into.  But a girl party?!  I can do that. 

I really  don't buy into all the princess business that society pushes on little girls. So I knew for sure I wanted to avoid that.  I mean, I realize eventually Lilah will want a princess party, and a princess party she shall have, but until that time I hope to avoid the whole princess thing. 

Lilah really loves the paintings at the Children's hospital location we frequent for Brian's therapy appointments.  There are all sorts of butterflies, flowers and bugs.  So when Teri suggested we do a garden themed party, I was all  over it!  Our photographer took a couple of pictures of Lilah with a flower headband on at her 9 month shoot as well as some of her eating smelling a flower.  So I printed a couple of those and got some wire for Shawn to bend into a picture holder for me.  Brian and I picked out some flower pots, which he painted, add a little tissue paper and we had our center pieces!


We bought some garden themed tables cloths, a birthday banner and of course balloons (Brian makes certain there are balloons at every party these days). 


We had to move the party to the house this year due to the lovely weather.  (It was hot, humid and somewhat rainy.)

My favorite decoration was the clothes line display of all of Lilah's chair pictures from this past year.



Unless you count the cake.  If the cake counts as a decoration, it has my vote for favorite hands down.  Made by Auntie La La of course.  Her redemption cake of sorts after the mishap at Brian's party weeks before. 

Lilah loved her party!  She had so much fun.  It really turned out for the best that we were at the house because she could play with the other kids.  At the park she would have had to be held.  

Post smash bath!
Wait!  Where's everyone going?  Party over??
 

No comments: