Monday, August 27, 2012

Hatched

About a week ago our local market posted a sign saying they had "Dinosaur Eggs" for sale.  Mom mentioned it to us and I told her I had seen it and was planning to stop by and see what it was all about.  Shawn warned me that it was probably some sort of fruit or vegetable, but I took Brian by just to see. 

Shawn was correct.  There is apparently a type of pluot that is branded "Dinosaur Eggs."  I figured Brian would be disappointed and opt out of purchasing one.  It never even occurred to me that he would actually think it was an egg.  With a real dinosaur inside.  Whoops.

And so we purchased the pluot Dinosaur Egg and it sat on our window sill for a few days.



Last night I mentioned to Mom that is she happened to see a suitable hatchling for our "egg" she should grab it because he was eventually going to expect a dinosaur to appear on the sill. 

This morning she arrived prepared and made the switch.  Brian could not have been more excited!




In addition to the thrill of a baby dinosaur in the house, Brian quickly realized that he owns the "Mommy Dinosaur, " and ran to reunite the pair.  Oh the excitement! 

Only now, he has informed me that his T Rex also needs a baby.  So we are heading back to the market.  We need a baby T Rex egg. 


No comments: