Friday, February 27, 2009

A Decade Ago

A decade ago I was a freshman in college. I was just getting settled into my second semester at UK and the basketball team was still riding on the coattails of the Rick Pitino Era. I had made the terrible mistake of living with a very close friend and was regretting this decision. My Mom had been diagnosed with breast cancer and I was going home most weekends to help. I was with Shawn, of course, and we had been dating for a little over 2 years. My brother Jon was in Junior High!

Now, ten years later, life has changed in so many ways, but some things are still very much the same. I am a stay at home mom. I have an 8 month old! Shawn is still around and we've been married almost SEVEN years :) We have a crazy shih-tzu who makes us laugh often. Jon is married, in Grad school and has a new puppy of his own. I don't talk to that roommate anymore, except when I occasionally run into her at her place of work. Sad. But, I've made lots of new friends who are a huge part of my life; and I've managed to keep up with many of my "old" friends too. They are also still a huge part of my life.

Another person who is a huge part of my life, my Mom, celebrated a huge milestone in February. 10 YEARS CANCER FREE!!! This weekend we had a small dinner party with family and friends who were a huge help to our family during the time in our lives. Neighbors and friends who sent cards, cooked meals, brought pajamas, and drove my brother to countless sporting events. At this dinner we commemorated Mom's accomplishment, and thanked those people who came showed such support for Mom and our family. Here are some pictures from the party.

1 comment:

Whit Scheff said...

I love the cake and I miss all of you! Hope the party was awesome even though I wasn't there.