Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trouble With the Helmet

It's kind of a bummer that Brian adjusted so well to the helmet and now he can't wear it. Remember the spot from last weekend? Well it got worse with all of the helmet wear last week and on Thursday night developed a small blister. I called the Brace Shop first thing Friday morning per their instructions, but the can't get us back in until Wednesday at 8:30! The receptionist told me to keep it off all day Friday and put it back on Saturday (1 hour one, 1 off all day) and see how he did. However, the spot was still pretty red, so I decided to leave it off all day Saturday too. Today we put it back on for an hour, and the spot is red again, so it certainly seems like the helmet is going to need an adjustment. Blah. As much as I dislike the thing, I really just want the three months to be over with. If it keeps causing red spots, and the Brace Shop keeps taking forever to get us in, he'll be lucky to get his three months before his first Birthday. And I can't even describe how much it already stinks, so you can only imagine how lovely it will smell if we get into May and June. Grrr!! I am so frustrated!

1 comment:

Jennie said...

Ugh. How frustrating! I hope they get it right on Wednesday!!