Friday, February 20, 2009

Helmet Update

We headed back to Clifton this past Wednesday for another helmet adjustment since the red spot on Brian's forehead had returned. Thankfully, the orthotist cut a huge chunk out of the foam in the front of the helmet and the problem seems to be solved. I had a freak out moment on Thursday when a new spot appeared on the side of his head (and stuck around for awhile), but it has since disappeared. This means I did NOT have to drive to Clifton this morning, which made me very happy!

Brian has been sleeping well in the helmet since Tuesday night-more good news!

And, possibly, the most exciting news of all...I have lifted the picture ban. As much as I hate the thing, Brian doesn't mind it, and he really does look cute in it. Plus, today he hit a milestone! He can stand while holding onto things! I noticed this today when he was playing with his Leapfrog Musical Table. He refuses to sit in his red rocker while playing with this toy anymore, he wants to stand. This is great, except that it usually means I have to stand or sit behind him and hold him up the entire time he plays. The table is wonderful, but it's much more entertaining for Brian than it is for me!

Anyway, today I didn't even both with the chair, I just put him next to the table in a standing position. He seemed pretty stable, so I let go. He has stood in this manner for a second or two before without toppling, but today he was able to do it for at least 10 seconds before tumbling over. Long enough for me to get some pictures, so, I just had to! And then I took a few more of him smiling in the helmet since I'd already broken my rule...

Happy weekend!

2 comments:

Whit Scheff said...

I love these pictures, he is such a good boy! I can't wait to get home to see him. Keeping up with your blog is great though because I always know what's going on! I added some more pictures to flickr so check em out girl! It was great seeing you the other day.

Dvettegirl71 said...

I knew you would crack, but I thought you might hold out just a little longer! I knew you couldn't hide him forever! He needs to be shared because he is TOO CUTE :)