Friday, August 7, 2009

Lorakeet Landing

Last Saturday we headed to the Zoo for another day of adventures. I'm being honest when I say that I mustered up all of my courage to enter the Lorakeet Landing with the camera in order to capture the following photos. For those of you not familiar with this fabulous Zoo feature, Lorakeet Landing is a enclosed area where you can purchase food and nectar to feed the 40 lorakeets flying around.

Anyway, I nearly wet my pants every time Brian came into contact with one of these miserable little creatures, and especially when they landed on my baby's head. Did I mention that I am NOT a bird fan? I hate them actually. They are vile, vicious animals that poop on the heads of unsuspecting baseball fans. But, for my sweet little Brian, I do things I would not have thought possible. Keep in mind that Brian had rubbed sunscreen into his left eye right before entering, so the pictures are not fabulous of him. Also notice that one of the birds felt Shawn's ear needed to be cleaned out. Shawn was quite entertained.




No comments: