Sunday, March 20, 2011

Confirmation

We had a follow up ultra sound today and confirmed it...it's a GIRL! I thought so, but I hated the idea of getting ready for pink and then needing to pull out all of the blue. Not that a boy would be bad...I love my boy, but it would have been a surprise and we all know much I dislike those! Plus I didn't want to be calling the poor child Lilah for the next several months is she was going to turn out to be a he! Can you imagine the complex??!

You may be thinking...an ultra sound on a Sunday? Well, we went to a place called "Becoming Mom" up in Ohio. The nurse at my OB office secretly recommended it when she told me that they couldn't do another ultra sound for a long while because it wasn't medically necessary. I totally understood this, but I definitely wanted confirmation, so off we went!

Their equipment was not nearly as good as my doctors, but you could definitely see the "three lines" and the lack of a boy part. We also got a shot of her foot. Her back was facing us, so no profile shots, but we weren't there to see her face!!!


Bring on the PINK!

Mom and I already spent the Kohls cash she earned last week when we picked out Brian's summer wardrobe. Lilah will be a very well dressed newborn. Just like her big brother was!

And speaking of that big bro, I decided to jump into a little booty camp preview tonight when the opportunity presented itself!

Brian typically pees in the tub as the water is running into the basin. This means we drain and refill basically every night. Since it's such a predictable occurrence, I used it to my advantage tonight. As soon as the first dribble of pee exited his little boy part, I grabbed him and sat him on the toilet.

The result?!

A screaming, raging tantrum.

Just kidding! He peed on the potty!!!!

I realize this doesn't completely count, BUT you gotta start somewhere!

So we praised him and had a big celebration as he giggled away.

As mom said at least he didn't fight me on it. He did go in the potty! Progress my friends, progress!

No comments: