Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Lot on the Brain

I am awake and have been since 5:30a.m. There is a lot going on. And there is no end in sight!

*I am running Vacation Bible School at church this week. Brian was supposed to attend, but last night didn't go so well. He's so used to being there that he thinks he can just do whatever he wants. We'll try again tonight maybe. I just keep thinking...is preschool going to work out in the fall? I guess it doesn't matter. We can always try in January, or wait until the following fall.

*I started two projects yesterday knowing I would not have time to complete them. Brian kept changing floors, so I had one going on each floor. They are related though. Downstairs I am de-tagging all of Lilah's newborn stuff and trying get out the things she will need right away. Upstairs I am packing up Brian's winter clothes to make room for Lilah's stuff in his (their) room. Thee is just not enough space! Both projects proved to overwhelm me and be more difficult than I expected. Downstairs I had to fight the dog off because Lilah's toys look like his. Upstairs I had to fight the child off. Every time I put a Thomas shirt in a box, he removed it. Grrrr!

*Speaking of the child and the dog, they were totally working together against me yesterday. We were late for VBS set up for many reasons, but starting with the fact that Brian got into his Birthday presents. Gone are the days that we can "hide" them in plain sight. After taking them away from my very upset child, I loaded him into the car (with much struggle) and went back inside to hide the gifts better. I forgot to shut the door from the house to the garage, so I came back into the garage to find the dog UNDER the car. He's such a jerk. So I told him to get into the car, where I can usually just grab him and put him inside. Unfortunately it was really stormy yesterday and he was very, very stressed. So, he jumped from seat to seat (much to Brian's pleasure; he was laughing hysterically) until I finally did grab him and he bit me. DONE. So I grabbed a towel, wrapped him in it and stuck him in the house making sure he knew he was a "bad dog."

*The dog and I did not have a good day AT ALL yesterday. He had me up around 4a.m. to get him water, and the storm had him so upset that I had to crawl out bed before I was ready to keep him calm...around 8a.m. Brian was still asleep and I really could have used the sleep.

*Brian's speech seems to be coming along. Yesterday he asked for a specific "Thomas" video, "Splish, Splash, Splosh." He also demanded his "Percy Puzzle"' all day long after finding it among his birthday gifts. "Mama, I want Percy puzzle." It was very hard not to give in on that! He was cracking me up the previous night too. He got three free educational Sesame Street cards in the mail and was "drilling" me on them. He's such a little teacher. He holds them up for ME to tell him what they are. Too funny. One has a picture of the Count on it and I would tell him it was the Count and he would say, "He says, ha ha ha," just like the Count laugh. I didn't even realize he knew who the Count was. Shawn says it is one one of his videos. Figures! Also yesterday morning I told him it was time to go a little ahead of time, thinking he would argue. I ran upstairs and came back to find him in the hallway (turning the lights on and off) with a Thomas toy. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I bring Thomas." Apparently he was ready to roll!

*I have mentioned the upcoming birthday a few times, so I might as well admit that I spent a good amount of time Sunday morning crying over the fact that my baby will be THREE on Friday. More on this later.

*Brian's party is the last major event I have to plan and execute before Lilah comes. There is still a TON to do to get ready for her arrival, so I won't be less busy, but I am hoping to at least be able to focus on those things and on spending lots of time with Brian. On Sunday, mom and dad watched Brian so we could run out to buy some essentials for Miss Lilah. Sadly there is no where to put those things, but hopefully soon I will find the time to find the space.

No comments: