Saturday, September 24, 2011

Baby Girl Gets Baptized

On Saturday, September 3rd, we celebrated Miss Lilah's baptism. I love the Catholic sacraments and baptism is one of my favorites.


Gotta love that Lion King moment...
When the family gown couldn't be located, we enlisted Mom's friend Kay to remake my high school graduation dress into a baptismal gown for Lilah. My high school has a long standing tradition of graduating their girls in white (wedding) dresses, white gloves and big white hats. I promised my Dad I would wear my gown as my wedding gown if he would let me have that one. Well I didn't. But almost 15 years later it was put to good use anyway.


And I LOVE the results. I love just about anything that is rooted in tradition. But I really LOVE the gown Kay made for Lilah. The pattern we picked made it look a lot like a mini version of my gown. LOVE!


The day was very, very hot and Lilah wasn't in the best mood...let's face it, she's not in the best mood a lot of the time! But we made it through.

We were lucky to share the day with so many family members and dear friends.

And Lilah was especially lucky to have two wonderful sets of godparents to celebrate the day with her...thank you Jon, Teri, Matt and Shannon!

Oh, and of course we were all very blessed to have Father Jeff there to celebrate with us. He is such a great joy in all of our lives (even if he called Lilah Vivian everything BUT Lilah Vivian)!


Yes he really did hand that lit candle to my THREE year old. Gotta love Father Jeff!


The Mass after the ceremony was topped off by the two little Communion bearers. I don't have a picture, but Jade and Brian were so proud to carry up the gifts to Father Jeff. They are so adorable together!

The after party was in the church hall. This is not the way it was originally planned, but it worked out very well. My job has perks as we rented the hall for free!!

The kids at the party enjoyed playing with each other and everyone enjoyed the yummy soups, sandwiches and beautiful cakes! It really was a wonderful day.

Can you count the THREE children in this picture? He he...

No comments: