Friday, September 2, 2011

A Big Potty Day

Today was a big potty day! Brian woke up and peed in the potty, as he does most days now. He went again before we left the house. We went to church so I could do a few work things. Brian played dinosaurs with Brad. They do so well together!

As we were leaving Brian pointed at the little gingerbread man that is hanging by the bathroom door and started making monkey noises. The preschoolers did a scavenger hunt last week so they would know where things were. They had to find all of the gingerbread men who were posted around the school. I really didn't think Brian was paying attention. Apparently I was wrong. Anyway, I took the monkey noises to indicate that he needed to use the potty. I was right! HE TOLD ME HE NEEDED TO PEE! It's a sad, sad day when I'll take monkey speak as a positive thing. But this was really huge for Brian. His potty training issue has been his inability to communicate his needs all along.

When we got home from school I took him to the potty again. It had only been about half an hour, but do you know that little guy squeezed out a teensy weensy bit of pee just to make me happy? Good little guy!

Now we did have some pee and poo in the pull up before we left home again.

BUT then we went to Mom's work where he tried to go in her potty, but didn't need to. After that we went and bought our new washer and dryer for the new house. Still dry. Then we went to Kroger to buy everything for the Baptism party tomorrow. It was about a half hour trip through the store by the time we had everything. Anyway, we were checking out and he said, "Mama I pee in the potty." At first, I kind of ignored him, and then I though, "what if he really does need to go and I am ignoring him?" Kroger's bathroom is in the very back of the store. I really did not want to take him all the way to the back of the store. But mom and Max were there, so they handled the groceries and sleeping newborn and off we went to the back of the store. Where he PEED IN THE POTTY! He really had to go, so I was totally impressed that he held it as long as he did.

We had one more poopy diaper in the evening. Then Daddy took Brian to Pappy and Nanny's tonight. He forgot to bring extra pull ups and wipes. No problem though, because Mr. Brian peed in the potty at their house too! He also went again after bath time.

In case you have lost count the score today was as follows...

7 pees in the potty!
2 poopy diapers!

Poo is typically the hardest to master, so in my world this was a HUGE potty day! He's really growing up. I really hope the potty success continues! Really, really, really.

No comments: