Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Dolphin Island 2015: The Beach

Easily our favorite thing about vacation (other than the people...more to come on that) is the time we get to spend at the beach.  There are a lot of reasons for this.  Shawn and Lilah are fish.  They LOVE the water.  Brian loves anything outdoors so he's happy at the beach.  And I love the sun and the noise the ocean makes.  It's that perfect "white noise" that keeps me from thinking.  And I can use a week each year where I don't think. 

My favorite pictures of my kids (aside from the ones our pro Cynthia takes) are taken at the beach.  I love how Brian turns into a brown, brown baby and Lilah's hair gets blonde highlights and a few more freckles appear on her nose every day.  I love the looks of excitement on their faces when the waves splash and how happy they are to be carefree for a whole week. 



I had to convince Lilah to come above water for some pictures.  This is pretty much what she looked like in the water the entire week.











We met a sweet family one day and the kids were thrilled to have playmates.  Landon loaned his boogie board to Brian and he had a blast learning to use it!



Being the amazing big brother that he is, he made sure Lilah got her fair share of turns.



No comments: