Thursday, June 25, 2015

SEVEN

Photo by Cynthia Schoettker Photography.

Dear Brian,

You turned SEVEN yesterday!!  I usually write these posts on your birthday, but we had a busy day yesterday!  You said that it was your "best birthday ever."  I think you say that every year ;)  But we did have fun on our Dolphin Cruise!  We saw a ton of dolphins and I loved surprising you.  Your Lego cupcakes from the Lighthouse Bakery on Dauphin Island were pretty awesome too.  I know you enjoyed opening your gifts that we brought along and I know you are looking forward to opening more at home.

You have grown up a lot this year!  You learned so much in first grade and I  love, love, love watching you discover new things.  You ask a trillion questions every single day.  You don't do it to be annoying.  You really want to know the answers.  You want to know everything there is to know.  You read SO well.  I love hearing you read and hearing you talk about what you've read. 

You started taking piano recently and really enjoy it. You've always been very musical, so I'm excited to see if you keep at it.  I'm learning a lot helping you!!

You are incredibly funny.  I LOVE that when you say something funny, you look at me and  say, "funny?"  You love to make sure I'm getting your jokes.  You can also be very silly which is just your age.  Sometimes it can be over the top, but I know I'll miss the silliness when you're too cool for it.

You continue to be a wayyyy better big brother than your sister sometimes deserves.  You play with her, look out for her, read to her and often give into her.  She loves you endlessly and has a hard time when you aren't around.  I hope you always love each other this way.

You are also a wonderful big cousin to Patrick and I'm excited to see your relationship with him grow as he gets bigger and is able to interact more with you.  I've made you into a crazy baby person and you just adore Patrick and all babies!

You can be so, so sensitive.  Things scare you easily.  Yet you can also be super tough and brave.  It's interesting to see which you will choose in each situation.  You're a lot like me in that way.

I can't wait to see what your seventh year brings.  You will start 2nd grade at a new school.  I know you are nervous, but trust me buddy, I am way more nervous than you could ever be.  You will start Cub Scouts, which I know you are excited about!  You'll have Spanish class and Religion class during school.  I think you're going to love getting out of school a whole hour and a half earlier each day.  I know I will love it!  You may not be so crazy about the start time though...!  You have adapted well your entire life and you have had to adapt constantly so this will be no different.  I can't wait to see what wonderful things you will accomplish! 

I hope you know how very much you are loved by your family and all of our friends.  You are our "little man" and always will be.

Photo by Cynthia Schoettker Photography.

Happy 7th Birthday Brian Thomas!
Love,
Mommy

No comments: